My main year end goal is to finish the first draft of my current WIP. Based upon my original estimated word count of 100,000 I'm a bit shy of halfway. However, since I'm back up north where Winter is real once again, I suspect I will be in the house more than out of it (as far as my time off from work goes). I expect to get a lot more reading and writing done.
So, with an eye towards my primary year end goal:
- Reach critical celebration scene in WIP.
- Solve how I'm going to introduce important (yet mostly absent) character.
- Polish new short story and send off to magazine.
- Take other short story idea and use it to work out character's abilities and mission for possible urban fantasy story/series idea.
- Finish reading a couple of books so I can make a dent in my TBR pile.
- Since I'm branching out my writing to include short stories, create database to track story submissions.
- Since I'm branching out into short stories, make time to read as many current ones as I can find to learn the market for targeted submissions.
Plus, post read and reply here on LJ and various other places. Also, Hockey season begins!
That'll do for now.