I don't normally do these but, what the heck? (Though I will skip the forward tagging part.)
1. What are your nicknames? I've a few: Charlesie, Padrino, Carlito, Chucker, Dunkster, Chuckles (my reference to myself when I'm not pleased with something) and probably a few more I can't remember.
2. What do you do before bedtime? If I'm not writing that night, take one last look at my LJ account. If I was writing, read through what I wrote.
3. What was the first movie you bought in VHS or DVD form? I think it was Akira Kurosawa's Ran.
4. What is your favorite scent? Given I have allergies to every perfume and cologne known to man, I tend to go with natural scents. It's a toss up between the ocean and chicken parmesan.
5. If you had a million dollars that you could only spend on yourself, what would you do with it? First, pay off my remaining debts, invest most of it, and travel to Scotland, England and Ireland.
6. What one place have you visited that you can't forget and want to go back to? I haven't traveled much or far. However, I really did enjoy seeing the redwood trees north of San Francisco, and the trip to Point Reyes Lighthouse was cool. 300 steps take you out to the lighthouse. You feel like you are standing on the edge of the world.
7. Do you trust easily? Trust comes at the end of a very long road.
8. Do you generally think before you act, or act before you think? Rarely do I act first.
9. Is there anything that has made you unhappy these days? Unhappy? Not really. Other than I need a desk for my new office (we moved back to New York after being in the South for 5 years and now I need a desk).
10. Do you have a good body-image? Who does? One great thing about returning to New York is this is such an active town compared to where I was in the South. The town I lived in had no sidewalks! Here I'm much more active. Also, even though I'm a man and not a woman, I'm using the Eowyn Challenge maps as an incentive to get up from my computer more.
11. What is your favorite fruit? Green apples.
12. What websites do you visit daily? LiveJournal, DeepGenre, Pat's Fantasy Hotlist, Holly Lisle, (an excellent writing resource), plus a host of technical websites -- I'm a Network Admin. And while I only visit it weekly (as they update their site each Monday or Tuesday) I always check out the writing podcast presented by Brandon Sanderson, Howard Tayler and Dan Wells: Writing Excuses
13. What have you been seriously addicted to lately? Studying the opening chapter of fantasy novels.
14. What kind of person do you think the person who tagged you is? I don't know her personally, but have been impressed with her LJ blog and her writing experiences. I'm looking forward to the release of her novel.
15. What’s the last song that got stuck in your head? "Wife" by Phil Ranelin. It's an interesting jazz piece where the vocals are intentionally monotone and just stop and make you listen for the oddness of it.
16. What’s your favorite item of clothing? My New York Rangers hooded sweatshirt.
17. Do you think Rice Crispies are yummy? They're okay. I'm a Cheerios guy.
18. What would you do if you see saw $100 lying on the ground? I don't know why, perhaps a sign of my early imagination, but from a very young age I was always suspicious of money lying on the ground. It always seemed the perfect distraction method. Many times I left the money there for some other poor sucker to reach down and get kidnapped. Ah, the imagination of a child.
19. What items could you not go without during the day? Always have keys and a pen.
20. What should you be doing right now? Working.